Monday, August 25, 2008

Flick Critique 02


Back again for another Flick Critique and this time, I am going to review Wall-e, I am Legend & Made of Honor.



A. Wall-e (2008) – Who wouldn’t love this adorable robot? I know I do and that’s exactly why I wanted to watch this movie the first time I saw its trailer. It is by Pixar so this has got to be something good. So what do I think of the movie? Hmm, it is probably the fact that I had already set my expectations that this is going to be the best animation flick ever that kind of disappointed me after I watched the movie. Don’t get me wrong though, the movie is great. It is just that I was looking for something more. I dunno, it just pales in comparison with other Pixar movies.

B. I am Legend (2008) – The scenario of this movie scared the hello out of me. Who would want to live in a time when almost 80% of the human race is dead , 18% of the survivors turned into bald & horrendous-looking vampires hungry for human flesh? And it all started with a drug that was supposed to be the cure for all types of cancer. Tsk tsk tsk… A movie is a great one if it can affect the viewer’s emotions and obviously this movie affected me bigtime. Besides the great acting performance of Will Smith, another thing to look forward to in its DVD is the short animation movies they’ve added.

C. Made of Honor (2008) – OH MY GAWD! This movie SUCKS! Don’t ever waste your time and money for this movie unless you’re a die hard McDreamy fan. This is just awful! First of all, the story has been played out oh so many times. A little originality wouldn’t hurt. Friends who suddenly realized they are in love with each other? Come on! How many movies have this for a plot? But then again that would be okay if the movie’s lead gave a commendable performance but no! Patrick Dempsey has the same face for all human emotions! Enough said.

By Joe with 3 comments

3 feedbacks:

great blog dude. lots of interesting stuffs here

thanks for visit! cool blog! keep up the good work!

haven't watched any of the three... i guess i have to buy a dvd player na kasi ang dami ko namimiss na movies! hehehe!