Monday, October 6, 2008

Flick Critique 1.04

I got my hands on more than 1o DVD ripped movies from the office am so excited to watch all of them! I got Hulk, Hancock, Get Smart and so much more so that means October would be full of FC posts! Yeay! This time though, I would be reviewing these movies...


Don'tMess with the Zohan (2008) - Finally, a movie where Adam Sandler was able to make me laugh really hard! When people would ask me to choose between Adam Sandler and Ben Stiller, it was always a no-brainer to me, I would always choose Stiller. Recently though, I'm liking more Sandler movies than Stiller's. Don't Mess with the Zohan is fresh and original, for me at least. Humor is mostly slapsticks but hey it work! I'm not complaining.

Wanted (2008) - This movie was such a surprise! Before the movie came out, I've been hearing nothing but negative comments about it. That this movie had nothing new to offer and yada yada yada! So I decided not to watch it in theaters and waited for its DVD instead. And Oh my! It was orgasmic! True that there was nothing new about the story or anything but the movie was fantastic! It was probably James McAvoy's character that made this movie a really big hit to me. The character of Wesley Gibson brought this movie to life. After watching this movie, I wished I was an assassin!!!! Take that!!!!

Over Her Dead Body (2008) - So the last movie is this romantic comedy about how Eva Longoria's ghost was hunting a psychic for dating her supposed husband had she not died at the day of her wedding. This movie reminded me of "Just Like Heaven" starring Mark Ruffalo and Reese Witherspoon, but the former pales in comparison. I admit the movie is funny at times, but yeah there was no "X" factor to it. It was a nice concept but I felt like it needed a little more kick to it. Longoria, Biggs and Bell did an okay job in acting but I can't say the same for Paul Rudd who was probably sick the whole time they were shooting the movie because he's so lifeless.

Hey, you! Wanna read more FCs? Click here: FC1, FC2 and FC3

By Joe with 11 comments

11 feedbacks:

Wala pa ako napanuod sa mga movies na ito. Last ko napanuod Eagle Eye, ok naman :)

No problem with the exchange links, I already posted your link sa blog ko. I'll be back here.

(Off Topic)
huwaaaaaw! new skin..iloveit! :D

@ ar-wee-der-yet: maganda ba yung eagle eye? they say it is no. 1 in US box office ryt now!

@ Joana: unscheduled shedding of skin, friend. Nasira kasi yung site ko nung saturday. Although it was working fine at google chrome, sa firefox sira siya. I hate to swithc to a new template pero kailangan eh. Ayun, Bago na!!! Yeay! Glad you love it!!!

thanks for comment jowell. appreciate your constant visit to my page. that's a big help.

haha..tawa rin ako ng tawa jan kay zohan..haha.. at gusto ko ang plot ng wanted.yung over my dead body naman, nainis ako kay eva longoria kasi mas pabor ako dun sa psychic ng fiancee nya.hehe. :)


P.S. ok tong bago mong WP theme. :)

this is out of topic but...

pls. vote for my blog in the filipino blog of the week award at http://salaswildthoughts.blogspot.com thanks!

pinag usapan ang mga movies na 'to. pero ni isa hindi ko napanood. gustuhin ko man sobrang busy. Hindi ko naman yan ma-appreciate kapag pinapanood ko while working. yung wanted nag-attempt akong manood kasi yung friend ko number one fan talaga yan ni adam. Kaya nirecommend sa akin after she watched it. hindi kasi nagpahuli. Pagpunta ko ng mall upang manood mag-isa, biruin m naman yung sinehan kung saan siya showing eh dun sa hindi masyado dinadayuhan kasi second week na siya sa robinsons. kaya ang ending hindi ko napanood, bnaka pagpasok ko ako lang ang nanonood. di ba katakot-takot yun kahit na comedy ang panonoorin ko.

gand na ng bagong template mo. sooooooooooo organized kaya nakita ko ang multiply account mo. teka. nakakabatang kapatid ka ba ni Matthew Mendoza? hehehe. Yung key chain pala hindi ko pa masend kasi naghahanap pa ako ng partner nun para naman sulit siya. Wala kasi akong idea kung ano ang hilig mo. next week ko na siguro mapadala.

Napanoud ko na yung zohan at wanted.
grabe sa ganda..

kulit nung zohan tas ganda ng story nung wanted.

nga pala, salmat po sa boto sa pakontest kela karmi at komski.
godbless! :)

Reply from blog:
Nope.. I have a semi pro instead..
dSLR's just over the budget for me.. T_T

well Jowell, photography doesnt necessarily means starting from dSLR.. in fact, most of my friends started off with mini compact cameras, just like me.. ^_^ *winks*

most of these movies di ko pa napapanood. :( pero anyway, may bago kang layout ah. nice :)

@ ria: Awww...it is nothing really

@ edz: haha. you watched all three too? galeng naman. movie buff ka rin? thanks for noticing my new layout...

@ red: wawa ka naman. but you missed a really good movie. Thanks for noticing my new template. Matthew Mendoza? LOL. Natawa naman daw ako dun. Andami ko namang lookalike. Next time nga magpost ako tungkol sa mga look-alike ko. Haha.

@ enday: si zohan talaga kulit. sandler was good at the accent.

@ jowell: just so you know, my liking for photography started with compact digicams too! and now it grew to wanting a real prf camera!

@ jaycee: pang-apat ka na sa nakapansin! Thanks everyone!