Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Deutsche Zunge



Guten Tag! Ich Bin Jowell und ich lerne Deutsches zu sprechen. Lolz. That's my desperate attempt to speak German. If there are German readers out there please correct my first sentence if it needs to be corrected. Bitte... Hahaha. Most people I know, when given the chance to learn a foreign language, prefer to learn either French, Japanese and some Korean (I blame the sudden popularity of Koreanovelas here in the country). But no one that I know of, wants to learn German. I DO! I so do.

That's why I signed up for an online German Class early this month and my German class started last Monday. I am having a blast! It is hard but I'm getting better. I'm just learning the basics right now like pronunciation of the letters, introduction, expressions, family names, etc. They give me tests after every lessons and it is helping me a lot. I initially wanted to study the language by reading a book but then I wouldn't be able to learn how to pronounce the words, right? So I opted to look for an online class instead. The thing I like most is the fact that they would tech you to pronounce the words correctly! And gawd, is it hard to pronounce the German "R"! Hahaha... you kinda have to roll your tongue to produce the sound but I'm really having a hard time doing so.

I try to speak German in the house but my sisters give me weird looks when I do. Hehehe...One of these days after my German class I'll try to write an all-German entry just to practice. But that would not happen until 3 months form now. Hehehe...So until then, tschüss.




By Joe with 4 comments

4 feedbacks:

learning a new language is cool! i used to learn spanish online, i wud collect spanish lessons and study them...but i stopped..maybe i should continue it, noh?

P.S. will look forward to ur all-german post.pls. put translations at the bottom so i'll understand. hehe. :)

^ yeah, you should continue your Spanish thing. i used to learn the language when i was in college but i never really payed attention so i was only able to remember the simple ones like "Buenos tardes mi amiga"

Ich lerne Deutsche auch. Deutsche ist sehr schwierig. Sie mussen ubung jeden tag. I am living in Zurich for 5 years now and I can't speak German yet. The "der, die, das" is the worst!

Go for it!

oh bonito amigo! lol. that's all i know. I remembered my latin speaking friend now. namiss ko tuloy siya. pero yung german, wala akong alam. paturo naman. jejeje. i want to learn Portuguese.