Saturday, August 9, 2008

Earthquake?!?

From The Blue Addictions January 29, 2008

Have you ever wished the earth to crumble and swallow you in? I have!!! Lots of times, actually. I wanted that to happen when I got stuck with an annoying friend in a long ride home, when I arrived at school only to find out my fly was open, and the time when I had to talk to my crush with a face with really bad acne. But there is this one incident that I just wanted all havoc to happen just to escape form the embarrassment I had to deal with. That was during my sophomore year in college. I was in a Jeepney...


It is very seldom that I see High school classmates in my university so when I do get the chance to see them, I always say hi at the very least. And if I see High School friends at school, man, a very long talk should immediately follow.

It was Saturday morning. I was about to attend my NSTP class somewhere in Manila. We were student-teachers that time. I took up Literacy Training Program for my NSTP not to tutor some grade 5 student but to escape hardwork I would have put myself into had i signed up for ROTC or CWTS. To get to the school, you have to ride a jeep. So I stepped into the jeepney. It was half-empty and we had to wait for more passengers so I looked around. Then I saw Rafael, my high school classmate. He goes to UST too. What are the chances that we could be enrolled in the same LTS program right? So I immediately said hi. But to my horror, Rafael was not Rafael. I thought he was Rafael, but he isn't! He was soembody else who looked like him. (cue in horror music...)

I can never forget the way he looked at me that time. It was as if he was saying "Wha..Who me? Do I know you?". Gawd! I wanted to melt there and then. I wished for an earthquake, a tornado, a volcano eruption! I was so ashamed of myself! I thought of going down the jeepney but that would make me a...LOSER. Gawd! You could just imagine how red I was that time. For once I wished I was invisible girl. STUPID ME!!!

By Joe with No comments

0 feedbacks: