Friday, September 19, 2008

Survivor Philippines

Philippine television is overflowing with franchises of international hit shows like Ugly Betty, American Idol, Project Runway and many more. It still maddens me that GMA got the rights to bring Survivor (the first ever reality show that rocked my TV viewing habits) to the Philippines because I was such a fan of this show. I liked it more than American Idol, The Amazing Race or Fear Factor. I watched the first 6 seasons religiously as if I'd die if I'd miss a single show. It would have been a little better if ABSCBN would have been the network to have made a Pinoy version of it since it was them who've introduced it in the Philippines afterall via Studio 23. I don't wanna make conclusions this early but I don't think GMA would satisfy my expectations. They should have just left Survivor alone.

Although I must admit, the promotion they have made for Survivor is pretty impressive, but hey that's what they did with Pinoy idol and we all know what happened? It was a big fat F! F for FLOP! I still want to believe though, that Survivor would turn out to be different especially after hearing that its the News & Current Affairs Deaprtment that would be handling Survivor. but then again, I wouldn't be surprised if Paolo Bediones single-handedly make this the worst show on Philippine televison this season!

I was able to watch the full Wednesday episode of it and because it runs 30 minutes for 5 days a week, unlike the original 1 hour weekly show, I just have to say it doesn't work. That episode was boring because there was no highlight. Survivor is not made for Philippine weekday primetime. With regards to the choice of castaways, they got it right. They were able to get a good bunch. Paolo Bediones is still annoying as host. Ugh! Jeff Probst wanna-be!

Here's the show I am waiting for and IMO, unlike Survivor, this one can be lengthened to be shown 5 times a week. Me, biased? NOT!




By Joe with 5 comments

5 feedbacks:

haha. panggulat ang post na to ha. kala ko paborito mo yung survivor tas hindi pala and then i know kung bakit. paolo bediones is one of those celebrity you don't like.

all i can say is: I am so excited to watch the fear factor in argentina!

reply from blog:
Ahoy bach! ssup? exchange? sure!
just hit me back when u want to.. ^__^

originality in Philippine TV is long gone. everything is copied now.really sad especially if we will think of the long term effects.

ganun pa man, nanunuod ako ng reality show pag trip ko.hehe.:(

personally, i didnt get the point of importing shows here in our country. pinoys are brilliant thinkers, and we should not rely on the concepts of other countries. worse, the creativity of pinoys is slowly fleeting because of this.