Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Flick Critique 1.05


I can't believe how busy I am right now. So much stuff to attend to and so much more lined-up. It really pays that once in a while I get to watch movies for free. Thanks to some officemates who were able to hand me DVD ripped copies of recent movies I wasn't able to watch on the Big Screen! Lucky me...

A. Fool's Gold (2008) - Matthew McConaughey and Kate Hudson pair up again for this treasure hunt of a movie. This one though, unlike their previous 'How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days", disappoints. Sure there were funny moments but the gaps between those scenes would allow you to put up a new blog and write the first three articles of it. And sorry, but McConaughey's abs wouldn't bring this film to life. As to Hudson's bikini scneses...hmm...still no!

B Never Back Down (2008) - So does this movie remind you of Rocky or what? Though I was only able to catch some scenes of the first Rocky movie, this movie totally reminds me of it. But of course, this one's had the modern touch. Tom Cruise look-a-like Sean Faris, IMHO, played the lead well because he would make you want to root for him. At first I thought this movie would be something like The Fast and the Furious, where characters were loudly shouting "I'm so tough! I'm so cool!", but this movie has a heart.

C. Get Smart (2008) - Steve Carell did it once again with this movie! I'm starting to be a fan. What I like most about the movie is that all the characters are so well-developed! Even the Computer Nerds of Control have contributed in making this movie something to laugh loud about! Carell, Arkin and Hatthaway were great in the movie . Add the witty script and the classic slapsticks and you've got a great Comedy for the family.

By Joe with 7 comments

7 feedbacks:

visit u back jowell. drop u ec as well. have a great day!

am busy too. buti ka nga makapagsingit na manood ng dvd. ako, stranger sa mga movie title ngayon. Thanks for the movie review anyway. Gusto ko ng manood.

ah tlga mganda pala ang get smart...hmmm mapanuod nga minsan.

buti ka pa may time pa manuod ng dvds...ako wala, wala...haaaay :(

thanks for comment jowell. good to know that you're a pharmacist. How old are you again? You look young.

@ redlan: pag weekdays super busy pero pag weekends, doon ako nakakapanood ng movies

@ edelweiza: yeah watch get smart masaya syang movie...

@ ria: i just graduated from college that's why.

hi ..Good Morning ...thanks for visiting ...visit back to my blog too ...take care ciao

it's true. saw fool's gold and it was not a bad idea that i bought a dibidi (pirated) instead! not worth the popcorn! :)